Thank you so much for joining us in our 4th year of Riverdale Dance! We are all so thrilled to teach and provide a warm and structured environment for our students to experience the joy of dance.
*** PLEASE MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
Email is the primary source of communication for all class, recital and costume information. Throughout the year, we will be communicating important class information via email so you don’t want to miss out.
Invitation Only classes:
- Dancers are individually invited based on previous skill level. If you are a new student and have previous dance experience, please contact the director, Kelly d’Amboise, for placement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Substitute teachers may teach classes when teachers are absent from class.
- Director and teachers reserve the right to move students to different class levels based on their level of technique. Director and teachers at the Riverdale Y reserve the right to remove students from class due to behavioral issues and/or inappropriate behavior in class.
If classes are cancelled due to bad weather, your dancer can make up the missed class by attending any of our other classes that are age appropriate. Please check with your teacher to see which class would be appropriate to use as a make-up. All cancelled snow day classes will be communicated via email.
- The Recital performance this school year will be held on June 23, 2013. Time TBA.
- We may hold dress rehearsal the same day so please reserve that day for the recital in advance. Dress rehearsal is mandatory so all dancers participating in the recital must be available the entire day on June 23rd as well as the previous week. We will typically schedule a special tech rehearsal the week before so please mark your calendars for the week before as well. Tech rehearsals usually run from about 3pm-8pm the week before the recital. We do our best to get our younger dancers in and out as early as possible. All dancers are invited to participate in the recital. If dancers choose to participate in the recital, they must obey the absence policy for the second semester.
Dancers may not be absent more than 3 times total during the 2nd semester. If a dancer is absent more than 3 times, the teacher and director reserve the right to pull them from the recital on a case by case basis. This policy has been put in place to support our dancers and teachers who are working hard toward their personal technique and recital performances. When students miss a number of classes, they may fall behind. This circumstance is neither fair to that particular dancer nor to his/her peers and teacher. Please observe and respect our attendance policy. We aim to provide an environment that strives to challenge our young dancers and help them grow in a supportive and warm environment.
- For the recital: there will be a costume fee of $59 for dancers registered in classes for ages 8 and older and $54 for dancers registered in classes for ages 7 and under.
- Costume fees will be collected in November. We will send out an email to inform you of the costume fee collection date. Costumes are non-refundable as each costume is custom made for the dancers. We will do our best to exchange for sizing purposes.
- Students will be responsible for providing their own dance shoes and tights for the recital. We will send out a complete list of what type of tights and shoes each class number requires.
Admission will be charged for the recital at $8/ticket. Children 7 and under are free. Each student is allotted 4 tickets to the show.
Parent Observation Day
Parent Observation Day is on the last day of classes in December. The dancers will present a regular class along with an in-studio performance of a piece they have been working on. All parents are welcome to attend their dancer’s normal class time. Classes begin on Sept. 10, 2012 and end on June 23, 2013.
Classes will begin on Monday Sept. 10th.
Classes will end on June 23rd (this will be our recital day)
- Partial day: Sept 25th- classes held until 4:45
There will be NO classes on the following days this year:
- Sept. 17, 18 (Rosh Hashanah)
- Sept. 26 (Yom Kippur)
- Oct. 1, 2
- Oct. 8, 9
- October 31 (Halloween)
- November 21, 22 (Thanksgiving)
- December 24- Jan. 6 (2 week break for Chanukah and Christmas)
- Jan. 21 (MLK Day)
- Feb. 18-22 (Winter Break)
- March 25- April 2 (Spring Break- classes resume on April 3rd)
- May 15, 16 (Shavout)
- May 27 (Memorial Day)